Sunday 27 September 2009

Bathtime

I was rather stinky when we came back from the beach yesterday; Kelly said I smelled of stagnant water and fish and seaweed. I didn't mind so much - in fact I was actually enjoying licking the bits on my tummy that smelled fishy - but Kelly said I had to go in the bath because she couldn't stand the smell. She stood me in the bottom of the bathtub and soaked me down with the shower, then soaped me up and gave me a good scrub. Fortunately she had some special puppy shampoo that didn't irritate my eyes, so I didn't really mind being in the bath so much. Even though I'm small I still know how to splash, so Kelly ended up having a bath too, haha!

When I got out of the bath I was wrapped up in a warm towel and rubbed down, and Kelly took some photos of me because she said it was cute that I look so tiny when I'm wet.




Me looking all bedraggled - but still cute!


Kelly dried me with this horrible noisy thing called a hairdryer - I was very scared and I cried and tried to run away, but she held onto me because she said I had to get dried otherwise I'd catch my death of cold.



Half dried - still bedraggled but looking a bit more like normal



Shake! 



Please don't dry me any more, I'll be fine, honestly


Finally it was all over with, and I was mostly dry. I wouldn't let Kelly dry my whiskers though - no way was I having that hairdryer thing blowing in my face!



Pretty as a picture!


3 comments:

Raising Addie said...

Hi Kel and Bel!!!

Wow you sure did have bath time huh! Your pictures are soooo very sweet!


Looks like you had a great time at the beach!

Hailey got a bath yesterday too. She was not pleased.

We are pleased to meet you and look forward to see what adventures you have!

Chasing my tale...
Addie, Lucie, and Hailey

Tuck said...

You are so cute!! My mom says you remind her of her dog from when she was growing up!

Audrey the Photographer Dog said...

You look cute no matter what!