Saturday 26 September 2009

Life is a Beach

This afternoon the weather was really fine. Kelly's Dad was taking a drive down to the beach with his Jack Russell, Tess, so he invited us to tag along. We were babysitting Chloe today, so she came too. This is the beach we went to - it's called The Blast.




Some silly person had written this on a fence post to show other people the way to climb down the cliffs to the beach. Kelly had to carry me because the track was very steep.




 Here I am sitting on the beach - I was really excited because I had never seen the sea before, so I was tearing around like a mad thing, and by the time Kelly stopped me to take these photos I was extremely out of breath.





Chloe likes the beach too, although she's a bit more sedate than me. She mostly likes to trot along beside Kelly and sniff the sand.




 Kelly's Dad walked along the beach with me for a while while Kelly took this photo of us. You can just see Chloe camouflaged on the rocks to the left of his feet. Tess the Jack Russell was always off running along the cliffs and crawling through the weeds, so sadly she isn't in any of the photos.




I was fascinated by the waves - I ran up and tried to sniff them, and when they washed into shore I scurried out of the way as fast as my little legs could carry me.




Kelly wouldn't let me walk all the way along the beach and back, because she said I'm too little, so I ended up being carried most of the way. Towards the end of our walk she captured Chloe and we all sat on a rock together to pose for this picture, but Chloe and I were too interested in each other to actually look at the camera.




We were  extremely tired when we got home, not to mention sandy! Luckily the dry sand brushed out of my fur very easily, although Kelly says I still smell like seaweed. I hope Kelly's Dad takes us back to the beach again soon, because it's my new favourite place to go for a walk!

No comments: